Meet a Weather Predicting Woodchuck…
Otherwise known as:
It’s the day where groundhogs all around the United States predict the weather! This tradition goes back many years, so today I’m going to share some fun facts about these rodents!
- Groundhogs are also known as the Woodchuck.
- Groundhogs live in North America in woodland and grassland habitats.
- They are herbivore and eat seeds, fruits, grasses and the occasional insect.
- Groundhogs are rodents and are the largest member of the ground squirrel or marmot family.
- They are excellent at climbing and swimming.
- Groundhogs burrow in the ground.
- They gorge all fall to fatten up for their hibernation.
- Groundhogs hibernate in the winter.
- They are known to whistle when threatened.
Groundhogs are great little creatures! Who knew they were related to squirrels? Do you have a famous groundhog where you live? Get out your crayons and pencils class and enjoy this groundhog coloring…
View original post 3 more words